- Date & Time:
- Sunday, April 23rd, 2017
- Start Time: 7:00 am
- Start / Finish Location:
- Broad Run High School
- 21670 Ashburn Rd, Ashburn, VA 20147
- Distance / Course:
- 13.1 miles (21 km)
- Course Map
Packet Pickup Info
Location: The Live Well Loudoun Festival at One Loudoun
- Friday, April 21, 4 PM – 7 PM
- Saturday, April 22, 9 AM – 5 PM
Location: Broad Run High School
- Sunday, April 23 (Race Morning), 5:45 AM – 6:45 AM
A friend may pick up your packet; no ID or signed letters are required. However, runners are strongly encouraged to pick up their own race packet, as it is important for them to verify their data so that any necessary changes may be made.
Parking is available in the parking lots of Broad Run High School (BRHS). Additional parking can be found at the Ashburn Farm village center about a half mile north of BRHS at the corner of Ashburn Farm Pkwy and Ashburn Rd. Limited street parking available within neighborhood streets. Click here for a map highlighting the parking availability and start line location.
- Opens: September 1st, 2016
- Online Registration Closes 12pm EST April 19th
- Race Day Registration will be available, if caps are not met
|Category||9/1 – 12/20||12/21 – 3/15||3/16 – 4/19||4/22 (Race Day)|
|Adults: 19 & over||$50||$70||$80||$90|
|Kids: 18 & Under||$40|
Make it more fun! Form a team to represent a family, company or group of friends and compete against other teams!
Register as individuals AND as a member of a team. Simply list the team name during registration. Team name must be exactly the same for each team member. Teams will consist of a minimum 4 runners and must include at least 1 female and 1 male. The individual times of the top 4 finishers per team will be combined to determine the team’s overall time. Awards will be presented to the top 2 overall teams, for both the Half & 8k. NOTE: this is not a relay.
- First place overall male and female
- Second place overall male and female
- Top two teams.
- Top two finishers in the following age groups:
15 – 18, 19 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60 – 69, 70+
The Half Marathon course will start on Ashburn Rd. Within in mile 4 the courses will take you past the Ashburn Outdoor Skate Rink at Trail-side park onto the W&OD Trail for three miles. Exiting the W&OD Trail near mile 7, the course will zip you through the other side of Ashburn back to the Broad Run High School for a track finish within the stadium of Broad Run High School.
The Loudoun Half course is certified. Certification number VA16013RT
Water stops along course
There will be six water stops along the course. Each water stop will be staffed by one of our school race beneficiaries.
- Mile 2: water
- Mile 3.75: Water, Gatorade, restrooms (off the W&OD trail)
- Mile 5: Water, Gatorade, snack
- Mile 6.9: Water, Gatorade, restrooms
- Mile 9: Water, Gatorade, GU, restrooms
- Mile 11.5: Water, Gatorade, restrooms
Restroom locations along the course
- Start /Finish line
- Mile 3.75
- Mile 6.9
- Mile 9
- Mile 11.5
The water stops will have a first aid kit to assist with minor cuts and bruises.
Medical professionals will be located at the start/finish line, mile 3.75 and mile 9. Should you need immediate medical attention, please stop a course marshal or police officer and demand help.
Finish line refreshments
Water and Gatorade will be available at the finish line along with light refreshments and a fruit.
- All runners registered by April 10th, 2017 are guaranteed short sleeve technical t-shirts.
- Women’s and Men’s sizes offered.
- While shirts are guaranteed to all those registered by April 10th, there will be a limited supply of shirts available for those registering after April 10th. These shirts will be available while shirts last.
- Half Marathon finishers Medal at the finish line.
Purchase your Loudoun Half Race Merchandise on sale at packet pick up. Click here for more info.
The Half Marathon will finish on the track in the Broad Run High School Stadium an include finish line snacks, awards ceremony and a visit with our sponsors.
- Participant registration is limited
- Half marathon time limit: 3.5 hours or 16 mins per mile
In accordance with parameters agreed to by ALL permitting properties and for the safety of all runners, volunteers and race staff, any runner that is off pace to complete their distance by the designated course cutoff may be pulled at any time by the Race Director. Please be aware that 3.5 hour(s) (16 min pace) for the half and 90 minutes (18 min pace) for the 8K is considered a hard cutoff time. All runners will be expected to carry the slowest official finishing pace for the entirety of the course. If the runner fails to do so and is significantly behind pace, the race staff reserves the right to pull ANY runner from the race at ANY time and at ANY point on the course.